I'm forsaking the local and seasonal mission of this blog, but it's cold and dreary here in New Hampshire, and given that its my first post in quite some time, I wanted to post something bright and cheery. Besides, spring is only three months away...
- 1/2 lb tuna fillet, sliced against the grain in 1/4-inch slices
- juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, minced
- sea salt, to taste
- tortilla chips
- Put the tuna in the freezer for 15 minutes so that it becomes firm (so that it can be easily diced).
- Dice the tuna into 1/4-inch cubes and add to a medium bowl.
- Add the lime juice and onion to the bowl with the tuna and stir the ingredients to ensure that each piece of tuna is covered with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for an hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Remove the tuna from the refrigerator and stir in the avocado, cilantro, and sea salt. Serve the tuna on a bed of tortilla chips.