- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 lb. tomatilloes, washed and husked
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cayenne pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Salt, optional
- Peel the poblano pepper by putting it under the broiler or on top of an open flame on the stove top. Turn it frequently, until all of the skin is charred. Place in a paper bag and let cool for ten minutes. Peel the skin off and discard it. Mince the pepper and place it in the bowl of a food processor.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatilloes in a sauce pan and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce to simmer. Simmer until tomatilloes are soft, approximately 10 minutes. Drain tomatilloes.
- Add half of the tomatilloes to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add onion, cayenne pepper, and cilantro to food processor. Process until no solids remain, about 1 minute.
- Add remaining tomatilloes to food processor and process until no solids remain.
- Taste salsa for salt (don't add any more salt than a small pinch).
- Serve at toom temperature.