Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 bone-in skinless chicken drumsticks
- 2 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup elbow-shaped pasta
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the carrots, celery stalks, and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften but before they brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine to the pot and boil until it is completely reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper, and chicken to the pot. Pour in enough water to cover the dry ingredients by 2 inches. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 25 minutes. Remove the chicken pieces and cut the meat into small pieces. Add the meat to the pan and discard the bones.
- Increase the heat to a rapid simmer and add the pasta. Cook until the pasta is cooked to your liking. Taste the soup for salt and pepper. Remove the thyme sprigs and bay leaves and serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.