Arroz con Pollo
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces
- 6 Tb olive oil
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 small yellow onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 piquillo peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 Tb hot pimentón
- 1/4 tsp. saffron
- 2 cups bomba rice
- 3 1/2 cups homemade chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Minced parsely, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Salt chicken pieces
- Add olive oil to a large skillet (or paella pan, if you have it) and heat over med-high
- Add chicken to pan and cook until nicely browned, about 7 min. per side. Remove chicken to plate and set aside.
- Add green peppers, onions, and garlic to pan. Cook until peppers have softened, about 6 min. Reduce heat if necessary so that vegetables do not brown.
- Add tomato and piquillo peppers to pan and cook about 5 min.
- Add paprika, pimentón, and rice to pan. Stir to coat rice with oil.
- Pour in broth and wine. Add salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cook until rice has absorbed most of the liquid, about ten min.
- Place chicken pieces over rice and place skillet in oven. Cook for 15 min.
- Remove pan from oven and let sit, covered, for 10 min.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.