Ramps, Mushrooms, and Cream over Polenta
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 oz. button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch ramps, cleaned and trimmed, with bulbs separated from leaves
- 1/4 cup (or more) heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add mushrooms and ramp bulbs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms have given off their liquid and liquid has reduced, about 8 minutes. By this time, mushrooms and ramp bulbs should be slightly browned.
- Add two big splashes of cream and bring to boil.
- Add ramp leaves and stir until leaves have wilted, about 1 minute.
- Taste for salt and pepper. Serve over polenta with parmesan cheese.