Beet Greens with Roast Beets and Goat Cheese
- 1 bunch of beets with greens intact
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Meanwhile, trim greens from beet bulbs, leaving about half an inch of the stem attached to each beet, Wash greens and scrub bulbs.
- Wrap each beet bulb in foil. Place bulbs on an oven tray and roast until tender, 45 minutes to one hour. Let beets cool.
- Once beets have cooled, peel the skin off. Chop beet bulbs into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add beat greens and saute until they begin to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve beet greens topped with roasted beets and goat cheese.