Making a batch of strawberry rhubarb compote was the perfect way to celebrate a gorgeous July 4th weekend. This recipe is adapted from Thomas Keller's Bouchon. It is delicious as a topping for ice cream, pound cake, yogurt, you name it.
Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
Makes approximately 4 cups
- 1 lb. strawberries, cleaned quartered
- 1 lb. rhubarb, cleaned and trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Boil for about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for another two minutes.
- Remove from heat and bring compote to room temperature. Serve at room temperature or chilled.