Sunday, April 25, 2010

Selections from the Studio: Week of April 18

I have discovered a bunch of new blogs this week, and with so much great content in my Google Reader now, it has been a challenge to come up with just five recipes for this week's Selections from the Studio.  It never seizes to amaze me just how much quality content is out there in the food blog world, but without further ado, here is my recipe roundup for this week:

First on my list is Roasted Hen-of-the-Woods with Corn Pudding from Leite's Culinaria.  I have made a fine corn pudding, but I'm sure adding in some hen-of-the-woods mushrooms would not hurt one bit.  I have been to Blackberry Farm in Tennessee, from which this recipe comes, and I can attest to the amazing food that is served there, so I have little doubt that the recipe is a winner.    

Moving across the globe, I would also like to add this recipe for Bombay Chicken Curry from Amateur Gourmet to my repertoire.  The thought of curry can be intimidating as curry dishes often require a long list of ingredients and a lot of time to cook and develop those robust flavors, but this recipe requires neither and could probably be a relatively easy weeknight meal. 

It would be nearly blasphemous of me not to include a spring pasta in a late-April edition of Selections from the Studio, a Food52 post for Pasta with Prosciutto, Snap Peas, Mint and Cream made it easy for me to meet that quota.  It's hard to go wrong with those five ingredients. 

I end this edition of Selections from the Studio with two fruit pastries that are simple enough for this baking-challenged blogger to try.  New Yorkers have at least another week before rhubarb will be prevalent in the Farmer's markets (unless you arrive at the crack of dawn right now, the limited supply will be sold out), but I will make sure I have all of the ingredients for Straight from the Farm's Rhubarb Napoleons so that I can make them immediately when rhubarb becomes readily available; the tarts seem like the perfect showcase for my favorite spring fruit.

My second dessert pick of the week is The Wandering Eater's Fruit Tart recipe.  There are just five ingredients in these beauties; five ingredients is definitely my kind of dessert.

And with that, you have five delicious recipes to keep you full for the rest of the week.  Happy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails