Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Big Apple Barbecue Block Party

I took a brief break from my Greenmarket Challenge yesterday to attend the Big Apple Barbecue Block Party, a two-day festival that brings some of the country's top barbecue joints to Manhattan's Madison Square Park each year. As has always been the case with the festival, the lines at all of the best establishments were long, but the long waits were worth it to sample some topnotch barbecue.

I was lucky enough to have a friend who lives right next to Madison Square Park. We brought up loads of food from the festival to his apartment and enjoyed our barbecue on the balcony while watching the crowds of people below:


Despite the comforts of my friend's apartment, I did escape for a bit to enjoy the festival below:


Despite eating twice my weight in barbecue yesterday, I am still contemplating a return to the festival today as it was just that much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails