Breakfast: Poached Knoll Crest Eggs over whole wheat bread
Lunch: Cherry Lanes spinach, Eckerton Farm sugar snap peas, and Flying Pigs Farm chorizo
Dinner: P.E. & D.D. monkfish with chorizo, sherry, saffron vinaigrette (recipe below) and Cherry Lanes asparagus, and sauteed Paffenroth potatoes
Monkfish with Chorizo, Sherry, and Saffron Vinaigrette
- 1 lb. piece of monkfish, cut into two equal pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup tbsp olive oil
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 chorizo sausage, casing removed
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Sugar, to taste
- pinch of saffron
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Dry monkfish pieces and season with salt and pepper. Place in an ovenproof skillet. Drizzle fish with 1 tbsp olive oil and top each piece with a sprig of thyme. Roast in oven for 10-12 min., until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat skillet over medium heat. Add sausage, and cook slowly, allowing the oil to sweat out of the chorizo. As it cooks, break the sausage up with the back of a wooden spoon. Once the sausage is brown and has released much of its fat, add half of the remaining olive oil. Reduce heat to low. Add sherry vinegar, a pinch of sugar, and saffron to pan and whisk until well blended. Taste the vinaigrette and add sugar, oil, and/or vinegar according to taste; the dressing should have a mild acidity from the vinegar and should not be too sweet.
- Remove fish from oven. Spoon vinaigrette over fish and serve.